Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mrs. Frankenstein Bookmark



For today's project, I used an AJ's Digi Shoppe Digi as a pattern to construct this fun seasonal bookmark. Amanda's new August release Owls is amazing and the Mrs Frankenstein Owl is my favorite. I thought she'd be perfect for a bookmark for my mother who loves owls AND Halloween! 





Recipe
felt remnants
14" 1"-wide grosgrain ribbon
remnants cotton yarn
2 giggle eyes
glue

Instructions
I cut one piece of tan felt the entire perimeter of the owl for a base. I cut the individual pieces for the dress, collar, hair, face, feet, beak, wings, eyes, and lightening bolt. The cape I cut as one solid piece to place the dress and wings upon. I glued the pieces to the felt, adding the cotton yarn and the giggle eyes last. I placed the ribbon so that when it is placed in the book and she "dangles" that she is facing right-side up.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy my Mrs. Frankenstein bookmark! 

3 comments:

Thank you we love comments :)

ShareThis