Friday, April 19, 2013

Freebie Friday - Wish

I like most people were extremely shocked and saddened by the events that took place Monday the fiftieth and the explosion in Texas on the seventieth.  I personally have never been to Boston or Texas, (it is on my list) but I do know several people who live and work in Boston and in Texas, none around the explosion area.  I had friends running the marathon, one of my friends was a half block away when the second blast went off.  Thank God she is fine (physically fine still very shaken).  I have been to a couple of races, never running but cheering friends on at the Finish Line.  If you have never been to a marathon the Finish Line is an amazing atmosphere, clapping, cheering, hugging, crying tears of joy because they made it.  They just ran 26 miles and they have every right to have applause and cheering.

I am reminded of a quote that was floating around this week on Facebook:

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers.  You will always find people who are helping."  ~Fred Rogers

I try to keep this blog uplifting and tell funny stories sadly events far to often seem to change the mood of everyone and everything.  I have been avoiding the news (no TV) because it is depressing I started listening to Classical Music and creating things trying not to dwell on the bad.

I got this idea from my son and one of his friends yesterday.  They were in our backyard and finding dandelions (only the "white" ones the yellow ones go to mommy).  Each of them would pick up the white dandelion and start blowing, the other would say WWWWWIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (Yes it was that long and that loud.)  The happiness and pure joy saying wish gave them makes me smile as I type this.  I decided after a long day of watching two three year old boys to sit and draw a Wish!

So what do I wish for:  I wish for love, I wish for happiness, I wish to inspire and above all I wish for peace.




Did you see the butterflies I uploaded to the Shoppe on Monday?  I was told by my daughter they are her favorite, along with the peacock of course.

Become a Fan on our Facebook Page and be the first to see works in progress once we hit 150 Fans we will be do a giveaway.  Become a Follower on a blog and once we hit 50 Followers we will do another giveaway!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Amanda. We used to call these Fairies when I was little - I have heard some children recently refer to them as that too. It brings back some pleasant memories for me - the simple pleasures of childhood. Even though I am far away from the US, I have been touched by the events of the past week. There will be many affected by these events for a while to come, including those who witnessed them. My thoughts are with everyone affected in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dandelions. Never quite understood why we don't call them flowers since they grow so well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you we love comments :)

ShareThis